Sunday, November 15, 2009

Sweet Assurances

This weekend was marvelous.  Amazing, Beautiful, the answer to prayers.  Wow, that's a lot for 2 days to live up to.  I must put in a plug.  If you have the opportunity to attend Time Out for Women in 2010 (tickets go on sale soon) then GO!  My Grandmother and aunts try to attend every year together and make a weekend of it.  This year they came to Salt Lake City, we rented a hotel room and had a blast.  That was great, but not what I mean by life altering wonderful.  Friday night Sister Nelson (Russel M. Nelsons wife) spoke to us, followed by Sheri Dew.  They had such strong messages about being women, mothers and sisters today, in the final leg of the race.  The theme was What do you Know....despite everything else, what do you know...what sweet assurance do you have that the Lord loves you.  The talks touched my heart, and gave many answers to prayers I have repeated over and over for months.  Saturday Sister Dew spoke again, Hillary Weeks played beautiful music, and Michael Wilcox gave us examples from the scriptures that I had never before pondered.  Sister Belcher, blind from cancer recently, gave us a heartwarming assurance that no matter what we'll be okay if we walk with the Lord.  Mary Ellen Edmunds talked about our Life Assurance Policy, it was hillarious and touching.  The weekend had me laughing, crying, and relaxed.  It gave me answers I was seeking, and a reaffirmation the Lord loves me through the sweet whispering of the spirit that sometimes get's lost in the hustle and bustle of 3 children.  Again, I know this is a plug, but GO!  It was just what I needed, as well as the 3300 other women there that day.  Love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment