Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Life

Have you ever had one of those days that everything goes as it should...as it always does...and you wonder why it does? Today was one of those days.

I woke up with inspiration and determination to clean and reorganize

--we have too much stuff that never gets used and takes up way to much space--so back to my story. I woke up, determined to get rid of the "stuff".

I jumped right on in! Organizing and cleaning the living room, scrubbing down the kitchen on my hands and knees. Back into the living room to pick up all the tiny pieces of paper Shawn ripped up. Pause a moment when I realize that the paper was my Primary Presidency Meeting minutes...deep breath...deep breath...okay I'm not going to let this ruin my day!

Onward!! The toilet needs scrubbing! oh. First I must remove the curling iron Shawn thought should go in the toilet....deep breath...deep breath....okay, he's a toddler, it happens....moving on! Toilet, check. Onto the kitchen for some water. oh. Deep Breath! Deep Breath! Shawn has decided to redecorate the cabinet fronts with pen...DEEP BREATH DEEP BREATH! Oh! I think I've hyperventilated!

I look down at my little home-wrecking hobbit and exclaim..."What do you have to say for yourself Shawn-Bo Baggyend!" ....."Uh-oh!" he says, and smiles. Suddenly it's all okay. Just paint and a curling Iron I never have time to use. Who needs a house free of "stuff" anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment