Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The Oscarson Weekly...or Monthly?

So Family and Friends,

In an effort to get my kids to write more stories, and to communicate more with our far away family I have decided to come up with a newsletter! (What a great Idea, right?!) If I can only keep up with it!!! So, It will be the Oscarson Weekly! (or Monthly, depending on how the ball rolls) The first edition will be tonight, after Family Home Evening. I'm going to try to have the kids write their 'articles' on whatever they feel they need to express in a family journal, and include it in our newsletter. I'm hoping this will be a fun way to express their feelings.

If you have any great ideas....let me know! Until then, here's some family news!

Lately we've had some problems with Bullies at school. I'm hoping that by writing what happened that week they can work out some of these issues. Haley's come home several times with stories of some of the kids making fun of her for small things. I've talked to her Teacher, she say's that Haley is nice to everyone, and a good friend. Haley tells me that one of her 'friends' told her she looked fat in her winter coat, and now she doesn't want to wear it. Or that she can't play with someone or another because they have to many friends. We've talked about bullies, and how important it is to surround yourself with good friends, who always make you feel good about yourself. And the importance of looking for friends in children that are left out. I'm seeing it wear off on the other kids, she'll do something deliberate to make someone else feel bad. Kids are so hard! Trying to explaine how this is the same as what's happening to her sometimes I feel like I'm talking to a cloud, that she doesn't retain it all. I sincerely hope our talkes are rubbing off on her! She's such a smart, fun, happy girl. I'd hate to see her self esteem plumet, or her become a bully, because of a few kids who say the wrong things! Mom, I could use some advice on this one!

Marky won't stop reading. I've had to banish books from the table, and until all our chores/piano is finished and our rooms are clean. Fortunatly I was blessed with hardworking kids who gladly do their chores most of the time without complaint. Haley get's to pick up and vaccume the livingroom and Marky get's the trash and the bathroom, "the dirty jobs" as he calls it. They both help set/clear the table and shawn helps with the dishes and cleans his room. Awesome kids!

Shawn is so excited for the baby he can't stop telling people I have a 'baby in my tummy'. Even asking how the baby eats, and how I change the baby if it's in my tummy. He is adorable!

Well, this is enough rambling! Look for our first edition family newsletter tomorrow! (hopefully!)

No comments:

Post a Comment