Thursday, November 27, 2008

appy urky ay!

Ello! It's thanksgiving and I have a cold. So while my wonderful mother and sister in law prepare dinner in the kitchen I'm stuck on the couch. So far I have watched the muppets try to prepare thanksgiving, a special segment on the today show detailing what not to say at thanksgiving dinner, and cartoons. I am wondering where a Charlie Brown Thanksgiving is while I watch comercials for christmas specials. The blackfriday ads are splashed all over as well as news reports about the plumetting economy. I've decided something, the world has become pessimistic. Everyone is doom and gloom. I am not going to give in! I refuse to be all dark on a day we are supposed to be thankful for all that we have been given! I am thankful for my beautiful healthy children, my loving husband, my patient and caring family. I am thankful we have a job, we can afford to feed and cloth our family. I am thankful for jello, and all it's wonder at thanksgiving. I am thankful for opposition and trials. How would I know what to be thankful for if I didn't have opposition in all things! I am thankful for my Savior! For this thanksgiving day made possible by his hand, and the blessing it is to be together as a family to bless this food in his name. I am thankful for all of you and the examples you give me.

Happy Thanksgiving!

ER

No comments:

Post a Comment