Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Cold, Cold Blizzard

There is a cold, cold, cold, cold blizzard on the warpath today. They tell us not to leave our houses unless completely necessary. There are lots of reasons to dislike blizzards. So I thought I'd list some reasons I like blizzards, cold snow storms, and winter in general!

Chicken noodle soup, I love it!

Hot Chocolate, yummm........my kids just bought marshmallows shaped like snowmen for ours today.

Books, who doesn't love to curl up with a book on a stormy day? My kids LOVE to read, and this gives us an excuse to read more!

Christmas movies....always seem better during a storm...I don't know why? Today is a Charlie Brown Christmas and How the Grinch Stole Christmas. Two of my favorites. Maybe we'll watch the Muppet family Christmas where they go to fozzies mom's house for Christmas during a blizzard...hmmm...I LOVE Christmas movies!

Board Games! I don't like to run electrical devices during a storm, I am not confident on my houses power surge capabilities. So Board Games it is! We love to play, and this gives us another excuse to play!

Warm Blankets....snuggled on the couch with the books and the kids is how I spent my morning. Yumm....

What do you like to do when it storms?

No comments:

Post a Comment